Saturday, November 1, 2014

An (Delayed) Update Day

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING.

It's a terrible thing when the thing being forgotten is my own bloghop. I profusely apologize!

There's a good excuse though. Two, actually.

See, you remember I mentioned that we're importing 5000 pairs of shoes? Yesterday we had to start unpacking them. I did this while riddled with flu yet again. So we started at nine, got home at seven.

I ate.

I showered.

I crashed.

And it took me to almost noon today to realize I completely forgot I was supposed to post. It's a disguised blessing for you all, though. Because after I ate and showered, I wasn't all that... how shall I put it? Rational.

But here I am on just enough pain meds (hurts to swallow and... well... breathe. (Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just the flu.))  to actually function, so let me update you.



What I achieved in October:

1) I finished drafting the sequel to The Heir's Choice. 
2) I managed to pretty much do nothing writing-wise for the rest of the month.
3) Unless you count critiquing. I critiqued three books.

My writing break did bring the writing-lust back, though, which means I decided to join in for NaNoWriMo this year. I probably won't win, though, because I have a ton of stuff to get done.



1) Edit The Heir's Choice and Birds vs Bastards once the last of my critiques come in.
2) Sort out formatting. Screw it. Hire someone to do the formatting for me.
3) Write 50k words. Write a nice respectable amount of words and see if I can finish any more of my rough drafts.

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year? My user name is iceangel if we haven't buddied up, yet.

19 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNo! It was kind of a last-minute decision for me, too, but I have a sequel to draft so I decided to sign up. I'll add you as a buddy! :) http://nanowrimo.org/participants/emmaladams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look at you go! Importing shoes and still worrying about your writing goals. You rock! Also, working when sick like that is terrible. I like your addendum to NaNo. Usually, I'd be all over the NaNo thing, heck, I even signed up again this year, but the truth is, I have some other fish to fry, so it's not looking good. Good luck with your word counts! For NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing NaNo too, but as a 'rebel', because I'm writing non-fiction. Sometimes there are just too many things to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is...go easy on yourself! Especially with the flu - the body needs rest to recuperate. Am behind on goals myself, will drop you a separate note about the beta-reading...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enough trouble keeping up with my shoe business and it's not even triple figures (yet!) so can just imagine what 5000 must have been like!!
    Good luck with NaNo, I have a few more hours to decide whether to go for it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do what you can, when you can--as many words as you can manage. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Hiring it done counts as getting it done!

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with NaNo! I have lost two weeks of the month due to family visits, so I opted out. I still want to try to finishing writing my final D&D novella, though. Feel better soon and have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for buddying me on Nanowrimo. :)
    Looks like a decent month.
    Have fun with the shoes. They made for walking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with NaNo and all your other goals this month. Hope you feel better soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you. Guard your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon!!!
    Way to go with your goals and best wishes for NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Misha. You are one busy lady! Sounds like the shoe business is going strong. Feel better soon! I added you as a buddy for NaNo. My user name is Susanne_D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Misha, 5K pairs of shoes?! You are one busy lady. I AM doing Nano, and I will find you over there. My handle there is CatherineStine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I said screw it, too, and hired someone to format my latest print book. And wow, that's a lot of shoes! Good luck doing nano <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Misha,

    I can imagine how much you've missed me! I know, who the heck is this commenting? :)

    You are a busy lady, as per usual. I'm rather encouraged you would forget your own blog hop! :)

    As for NaNo, yes, as always, NoNo to NaNo!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  17. You poor thing, Misha! I hope you feel heaps better soon. xx

    On forgetting to post ... That's okay, we all forget some of our own things now and then. haha. And you had a series of very excellent excuses!

    Heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best of luck with Nano Misha and congrats on all you did in October. Sorry you have the flu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.