Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sore feet and paper cuts

So sorry for skipping yesterday. I really just got round to blogging now. In fact the fact that I didn't post anything was keeping you awake. So I figured I'll post twice today for compensation. The second post should appear fifteen hours from now. I would have made it sooner, but I'm on the road again for our heritage day long-weekend (yes, dears, we have a LOT of holidays). It won't deter me from blogging though. I promise to catch up on all your posts ASAP.  

So firstly I want to point out that this blog has 30 followers! Yay! Next step the big 5-0... Welcome all of you! May you enjoy it here.

That said, I think the best course of action will be to go into why I only got to my blog at one o'clock in the next morning.

Well. Since the new idea falls (in a way) into the vampire category, I just got this intense desire to read Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm about 150 pages from the end, but for once, I cut my reading sessions up into short bits so that I can write in between.

And so it was that I'm back to working on the Beast. It's slow going since I'm in a sticky part where a character is at the point of starting a journey and needs to get technical stuff sorted. I just know that I will edit that part out or at least rewrite it later, since I hate it already. As some of you may know, I'm an ex-self editing addict. So nothing gets changed until I've finished the draft. 

When I put away the book I'm writing, I cut three lovely stripes into my thumb knuckle.  Yes, I'm aware that this has nothing to do with whyI didn't blog, but it explains the title.

But definitely the largest reason that kept me from the blog was the fact that I was invited to a braai and sokkie evening. Or, in more commonly understood terms - although not truly the same - BBQ and dancing. Ah it was an awesome evening. I haven't been out in a long time and more importantly, while it was low-key, the evening was a huge amount of fun. I did however... sin with regards to the diet, but no regrets. I didn't want to make things awkward by declining the food so lovingly prepared. Luckily I burned a lot of it later when I actually started dancing. I danced for about four hours - in heels - which explains the rest of the title.

But the time spent and carbs eaten was so worth it! I met so many wonderful people and I got out, which freshened my writing mind some more.

Too bad that the next blog title will likely be I wish I stretched before I danced... ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.